Monday 25 January 2010

Session #3 (Pike) - The Tree that broke the Tracers Back

I popped down to my local canal again for a quick 60 minute session. I tried out my ostrich feather creation and after a few adjustments it looked pretty good in the water.

I fished a 200 yard stretch this time. The water still mirky from the waters running in from the fields. I managed to cast for about 40 minutes with no joy and then caught a tree for my efforts. It was too high to grab so had to pull very very hard to get the fly back and then bang... the wire trace broke and the fly remained in the tree. After reelling in the line I only had to poke at the fly and it fell down. At £9 a pop, it's an expensive thing not to check.

So the morrel to this story is "check if you can get it, before yanking too hard..."

No comments:

Post a Comment